Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Digital Triptych Montage


Location, Location, Location
Statement: With CS4, I scanned images from the Nevada Brushfire, Reno Bike Project flyers, art gallery cards; designs by Victo Ngai found online, an image from Kevin Wada, and other images found on Tumblr. I didn't have a real idea about what I wanted to do, but I figured color would be a big component in this montage. I used a lot of color darkening and lightening to match the colors more. I tried to be more creative with Photoshop since this is the first time I've used the program to this extent. The theme behind the triptych itself is of a man, flamboyantly dressed, trying to find out where he is. This doorway is a portal that leads him to crazy worlds. In the background, an image of a map and the word "Location" are used to reinforce the sense that this man is trying to find is way. The last piece shows that the man is closer to finding out his location because each image is sectioned in a piece of the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment