Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Project 6- Google SketchUp

With this project, I was intimidated with the whole process of 3D modeling. Admittedly, I did not go into this project with much ambition because I was aiming pretty low. In the end, I decided to go with pretty challenging objects anyways because I wanted to do justice to the month-long working period and the complexity of the project. 
The collage consists of my Kryptonite bike lock and a Frisbee disc because those two things are central to my life. I use Ultimate Frisbee as a physical and social outlet. My bike lock is also vital because it relates to my only consistent source of transportation. I love and use my bike a lot for commuting, and his name is Roger. If I didn't have it, my quality of life would diminish. This collage dealt with organic shapes, so that was a little challenging before I used the Follow Me tool to the fullest extent.
The single object is of my Konica C35. Unlike my collage project, this was a very geometric model with many edges. The Push/Pull tool was a really good friend for me. I actually didn't want to do my camera because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to create a very good representation, but I was pleasantly surprised and proud of the final project. There was so much detail on the camera, and I thought I would hate it but ended up enjoying it. I liked to make all the detail, and I felt proud I could do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment